IMAP ACL Manager
- Connect to IMAP servers and manage access control for any folder.
- Choose between lookup, read, keep, write, insert, post, create, delete, and administer rights.
- Add and remove rights for any user.
- Server port is now configurable.
- Support for SSL/TLS implicit and explicit connections.
- Support for classic User/Password authentication, as well as CRAM-MD5 and NTLM.
- IMAP communication log available for viewing.
The IMAP ACL Manager will allow you to easily and quickly manager access control permissions for your IMAP accounts/folders. The app will allow you to connect to the server using any existing user account, and then provide you with a list of folders (mailboxes) that account has access to. You can then switch between folders, viewing and setting the particular users who have access to each folder, and which access permissions they have.
To begin, simply logon using your IMAP account username and password. Then select the folder that you'd like to view or change the access control permissions for. When a folder is selected, users with permissions will be displayed on the right in the access list. Click on a user to see which permissions are set for them, and modify those permissions if desired, clicking Apply to save any changes. To completely remove a user from the access list, click Remove. To add users to the access list, click the Add button. Removing and adding users here will only remove or add them from the access list, it will not remove the user accounts themselves from the server or add new user accounts to the server.
June 9th, 2009 - Release V2.51:
- Bug fix: Error when adding permissions from main form.
- Known bug: recurse/Apply enable state determined incorrectly.
June 4th, 2009 - Release V2.5:
- Added check/un-check all box
- Verify through UI that permission change applies to subfolders
- Added status bar and "busy" indicators
- Bug fix: logoff and re logging on resulted in folder tree not showing.
- Bug fix: avoid "busy performing current action" errors.
- Bug fix: eliminated flicker during folder selection change.
These are some features that have been requested. If there is something here you need, email me or comment here.
- Change rights for multiple users simultaneously
- Remember my login details
- Add support for remembering multiple server profiles
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please stop by http://geekswithblogs.net/Lance/articles/imapaclmanager.aspx
and share. You can also email me
for questions or comments.